“I can’t get enough of you.” When someone says this to you, how do you respond? Do you get flustered, change the subject, or even worse – not know what to say at all? I’ve been there myself. After an awkward date told me this on our second outing, I fumbled over my words and the night took a turn for the worse. I decided then that I needed to arm myself with better responses for the next time someone lays this line on me.
So I asked friends, scoured the internet, and raided every romantic comedy I could find to compile this list of over 30 flirty, witty and savage responses perfect for when someone tells you “I can’t get enough of you.” Keep reading to discover exactly what to say next time – no more awkward silences for us!
30+ Responses to “I Can’t Get Enough of You”
Before jumping right into the responses, it’s worth noting that you should gauge the situation before firing one of these off. Pay attention to body language, tone of voice and intimacy level to determine whether a flirty, witty or savage line is appropriate. Use your best judgment – you know the scenario and person better than I do!
With that said, here are over 30 replies ranging from sweet to sassy you can use when someone says “I can’t get enough of you”:
Funny Responses to “I Can’t Get Enough of You”
So you want to take a more lighthearted, humorous route when responding? Here are some funny replies guaranteed to get a laugh:
I should hope not! My mom always said I was quite the catch.
Careful, don’t let my partner hear you say that!
Aww, you charmer! Good looks and a great personality – be still my heart!
Hey now, save some for later! I’m not going anywhere.
Slow down there, tiger! Buy me dinner first.
You know what they say, too much of a good thing!
I’m blushing over here! Keep the sweet nothings coming!
Flattery will get you everywhere, my dear. Tell me more!
I might just have to keep you around if you keep talking like that!
You sure know how to make a guy/girl feel special!
I might be falling for you too…or maybe I just tripped. Could go either way!
Careful – I could get used to this!
Savage Responses to “I Can’t Get Enough of You”
Feeling a little more savage? Try out these edgier responses:
Yeah? Well I can definitely get enough of you.
That makes one of us then.
I wish I could say the same.
Funny, I feel the total opposite right now.
Careful – your desperation is showing.
You seem a little too obsessed with me. Should I be worried?
Clingy much? Let’s take things slow.
I think you need to get out more if I’m the highlight of your life.
Have you considered getting a hobby instead of fixating on me?
You must not have very high standards if I’m so captivating.
I admire your confidence, misplaced as it may be.
Flirty Responses to “I Can’t Get Enough of You”
Want to up the romance when someone declares they can’t get enough of you? Try out these flirtatious responses:
Well in that case, we should spend even more time together. Your place or mine?
Is that so? I guess we’ll have to do something about that, won’t we?
Hmm, should we test that theory later tonight?
Oh I plan on it, darling. In fact, why wait until later?
If you think that’s good, just wait until I really get my hands on you.
I can’t ever get enough of you either. Why don’t we slip away somewhere more private?
Ooh, them’s fightin words! Wanna show me just how much you can’t get enough?
Mmm I love hearing that. Why don’t you tell me more over a candlelit dinner tonight?
Well then you better free up your calendar, because we have a lot of lost time to make up for!
With sweet talk like that, I may just have to take you home with me tonight.
Oh trust me, the feeling is mutual. In fact, come over here and I’ll show you just how mutual it is!
10 Editor’s Choice Best Responses to “I Can’t Get Enough of You”
Out of all the many options for reacting when someone says “I can’t get enough of you,” a few really stand out above the rest. These top 10 responses chosen by our editors are surefire ways to respond smoothly and keep that spark alive.
1. Return the Compliment
A simple “Right back at ya!” lets them know their affection is requited while keeping things positive. You can always add more after too: “I feel the exact same way! When can I see you again?”
2. Suggest Another Date
Why leave them hanging? Ask to spend more quality time together by responding with: “I would love nothing more than to get lost in conversation with you again over dinner tomorrow night.”
3. Up the Flirtation
If you’re ready to turn up the heat, try getting a little suggestive: “Careful, another remark like that and I may just have to pull you into the bedroom.”
4. Make Them Laugh
Inject some playfulness by responding in a silly way, like “Me too! In fact I think I might be obsessed. We should start a fan club.”
5. Ask Questions
Getting more info shows interest. Try “What specifically is it about me you can’t get enough of? My charming personality? Dazzling intelligence?”
6. Issue a Challenge
Dare them to impress you more: “Oh yeah? I don’t think you could handle me even if you tried.”
7. Give a Timeframe
If you want to subtly nudge them to hang out again soon, say “Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so let’s get together in the next couple days.”
8. Quote a Cheesy Pickup Line
Ham it up with an outrageous response like “If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put ‘U’ and ‘I’ together.” It’s sure to get a laugh.
9. Suggest Taking Things Slow
If it’s moving too fast for you, gently pump the breaks with “I feel the same way, but let’s take things one step at a time.”
10. Simply Say Thanks
You can keep it short and sweet with a simple “Aww thank you! I always smile when I’m with you.”
How to Reply to a Girl When She Says “I Can’t Get Enough of You”
So a special lady in your life has declared she just can’t get enough of your company. Congrats, casanova! When deciding how to respond, tailor your reply based on your relationship status.
If She’s Your Girlfriend
Amp up the romance! She’ll swoon over responses like:
- “Sweetheart, I’m absolutely crazy for you too. In fact, I booked us a couples massage for tomorrow.”
- “Babe, every second I spend with you feels like a gift. Move in with me and I promise you’ll get even more of this handsome fella!”
- “Lovebug, you couldn’t pry me away if you tried. In fact, let’s skip dinner reservations tonight and cuddle indoors instead.”
If You Just Started Dating
Confirm you reciprocate her interest while keeping it flirty:
- “Doll face, I’m so glad to hear you say that because I always get butterflies when we’re together. Drinks later?”
- “The feeling is definitely mutual, beautiful! How does dinner at my place sound? I’ll cook your favorite meal.”
- “Oh trust me, I can’t get you out of my mind either. When can we get lost in each others’ eyes again over candlelit dinner?”
If She’s an Acquaintance or Friend
Tread carefully to avoid leading her on by accident:
- “You’re so kind to say that! I always smile when we chat.”
- “I really value our friendship too. We should grab brunch with the gang this weekend!”
- “Aww, shucks! You sure know how to make a guy blush. Friends grab a bite later?”
How to Reply to a Guy When He Says “I Can’t Get Enough of You”
What should you say when a fella declares he just can’t get his fill of you? Tailor your response based on your relationship.
If He’s Your Boyfriend
Cuddle up with a sweet response like:
- “Babe, the feeling couldn’t be more mutual. In fact, clear your weekend plans because you’re all mine now.”
- “Honey bear, every minute apart from you feels wasted. Want to book a cabin trip, just the two of us?”
- “Sweetpea, I’m absolutely smitten with you too. Let’s skip the movie tonight and spend the evening relaxing in each other’s arms instead.”
If You Just Started Dating
Keep it flirty but avoid unhealthy attachment:
- “Well aren’t you just the sweetest! I always perk up when I get a text from you. Drinks later this week?”
- “You are just too adorable, you know that? I’d love to gaze into your eyes more over dinner tomorrow night.”
- “Careful now, you’re going to give this girl crazy ideas! Let’s chat more in person soon, cutie.”
If He’s an Acquaintance or Friend
Gently pump the breaks to avoid misunderstandings:
- “I really enjoy chatting with you too! We should grab coffee with the group this weekend.”
- “Aww, shucks! You sure know how to make a girl feel special. Friends night out later this week?”
- “Thanks, I appreciate you saying that! I always have fun when we hang.”
When someone declares “I can’t get enough of you,” resist the urge to fumble over your words. Instead, wow them with these flirty, witty and savage responses suited for romantic partners, new flames or even friends. Just focus on the context and relationship to determine your ideal reply. And remember – never be afraid to return their affection with confidence. After all, we all love rising butterflies from sweet compliments.