We all have many “pins” in our Pinterest accounts. However, instead of adding new ones to the “I can do this” board, I decided to try my saved DIY’s and see if they are actually Pinterest “pass or fails”. Here is one that passes with flying colors!!!
I saved a soap scum removal idea a couple months ago, and this weekend was shocked to find it was the best cleaner I have ever used. EVER! And I’ve tried everything from: Clorox, bleach, Tilex, Clorox, you name it! This cleaning recipe calls for only 2 ingredients, and you won’t find yourself breaking your arm scrubbing for endless periods of time. Please try it, I swear you won’t ever use another tile cleaner/soap scum removal ever again 🙂
What you need:
- 1/2 cup Dawn detergent (already had)
- 1/2 cup white vinegar (heat this in the microwave until boiling) (already had)
- (1) spray bottle (already had)
- dirty shower or tub
- Heat 1/2 cup white vinegar in microwave until boiling. Remove from microwave to cool for about 30 sec. (or at least long enough so as not to melt your spray bottle)
- Pour the white vinegar into spray bottle
- Pour 1/2 cup Dawn detergent into spray bottle
- Shake Well. It will turn into a sort of foam inside your spray bottle. Not to worry. This is good.
- Spray glass walls on inside of shower and on tile, or bottom of tub.
- Leave to soak for at least 3 hours.
- Wipe down with sponge and water. (I did this while I showered!)
FYI: Our shower is small so I only needed 1/2 cup of white vinegar and Dawn. If you have a bigger shower or tub, or are wanting to clean more than one bathroom, double your formula! Also, your bathroom will smell a little weird for a couple hours after you have wiped glass and/or tile clean, but it is nothing you can’t get rid of with a nice candle.
Letting the sprayed formula soak in for a couple hours: