I grew up in a large-ish family. We ate leftovers almost ALWAYS-the next day. My particular husband however, does NOT eat leftovers. As it is hard to cook for just the two of us, I typically end up eating said leftovers for lunch or dinner-which gets old fast! During the summer, Texas heat dissuades me from wanting to cook because of the ovens radiating heat, and I decided to try a PINTEREST pin, that was described as being easy/fast!
EASY FACTOR: extremely uncomplicated, great for parties, easy dinner, or holiday breakfasts
-microwave 6 bacon slices (cover with paper towels to prevent splatter and for soaking up grease) for about 5-8 minutes….at least until cooked/yet flexible… it should not be crispy…just barely cooked
-1/2 cup chopped chives
-3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
-5 eggs that have been beaten in bowl
-salt, pepper, garlic salt
-(1) 6 muffin tin sprayed with pam
-3 bread slices
PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 degress
1. Take a small glass and press the rim into a bread slice. You should be able to get 2 circles out of each slice. Then peel away the excess around the “circles” and toss excess. Put one bread circle in the bottom of each muffin tin.
2. Take your microwaved bacon and shape 1 slice into each of the 6 muffin spots
3. Throw your chives into the whipped egg bowl, along with a pinch of salt, pepper, and 1/2 garlic salt. Mix together. NOTE: you could always add spinach, or feta instead of cheddar, zucchini, switch eggs for whites, etc.
4. Pour egg mixture evenly into each muffin hole.
5. Top each with cheddar cheese.
6. Place pan beneath your muffin tin (this is to save you cleanup, in case you put too much into each of the muffin cups)
SET IN OVEN for about 15-20 minutes. It really depends on how accurate/how hot your oven gets.